It is nice to meet you!
Laura Wilhoit, Ph.D., PMH-C
Clinical Psychologist, PSY 26656
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology at the California School of Professional Psychology at Alliant International University in 2013.
- B.A. from the University of Denver in 2006 with majors in English & Psychology and a minor in Philosophy.
- Licensed psychologist in CA since 2014 (PSY 26656).
- Certified in Perinatal Mental Health (PMH-C).
- I worked six years at an integrated healthcare setting (alongside doctors and dentists) practicing short- and long-term individual therapy, treating a variety of issues including anxiety, depression, substance use disorders, and postpartum depression and anxiety.
- I worked in a variety of settings, including a crisis house, a psychiatric hospital, outpatient settings including intensive outpatient (IOP) and partial hospitalization (PHP) treatment programs, as well as a rehab center. Most of my work before becoming a psychologist was focused on helping adults with substance use disorders and/or with severe mental illness.
- I like to read, hike, and get outdoors for self-care.
- I am a mother to three children, including (at least) two who are neurodivergent/high needs.
- I am an avid researcher and like to spend free time learning about things that I'm interested in; since having kids, I’ve focused much of my research on pregnancy & parenting.